On Tuesdays, I’m going to start participating in the Top Ten list along with other book bloggers. This fun, weekly event is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week’s theme is bookish facts about yourself. So here are mine:
- When I’m reading, I always turn down the corners of pages and underline my favorite parts. This is why e-reading has been a difficult adjustment for me.
- The first series I remember enjoying is Anne of Green Gables.
- The first time I heard Ulysses being read out loud I hated it; then I ended up doing a Master’s Thesis on it.
- It took me 9 years to get my Master’s degree in English Literature (I was working full time most of this time and having kids.)
- My dad was an English Teacher. I still have many of his “classroom copies” in my bookcases.
- I’ve visited three of Hemingway’s drinking spots in Cuba!
- I’ve been to Hemingway’s House in Key West.
- The book I’m most eagerly anticipating for the fall is Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography, Born to Run. Please please please can I get approved for an advanced reading copy of this!!!
- Thanks to my husband’s grandma, I have the whole Louis L’amour collection in my library and still haven’t read one of them (embarrassing). On my short list now that I’ve admitted this!!!
- I had custom bookcases built to hold all my books and my record collection.
You can join Top Ten Tuesdays by using the link above or provide a bookish fact about yourself in the comments!